Monday 11 March 2013

Five Sentence Fiction - Whisper

Lillie McFerrin's Weekly Flash Fiction Prompt - 'Whisper'
 
Lillie McFerrin Writes
 
And this is where it took me:

Source 


Bruno stifled a giggled when Meg whispered in is ear; he didn’t want to let on, letting the two footers know would be a bad thing. He stuck out his tongue instead, letting it pant out the laughter so they didn’t suspect. Meg hissed hers out, pretending to be his arch enemy – this caused him to pant again; the only thing she had arched was her back!

If they knew the real truth they’d shut them all up in cages, like those other animals he’d seen on that box shaped thing they called television - he’s seen how they test those that gave away their intelligence, it was horrible. It was best to pretend to be stupid; the two footers were right about one thing, ignorance was bliss!





4 comments :

  1. Being an animal advocate, I love this! I am following you! Hope you will join me: http://mcguffysreader.blogspot.com/2013/03/whisper.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed this and the idea of animals panting and hissing their laughs. Makes those two footers look really stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine my animals having deep, dark conversations when I'm not around! Loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how they refer to humans as the "two-footers," because of course they would. I, too, have a dog and a cat and I'll be watching them much more closely after this.

    A delightful tale.

    ReplyDelete